The directors, coaches, and affiliates of AiR CiTY CHiCKS are united in creating an environment where players can learn life-enhancing qualities such as discipline, self-respect, sportsmanship, teamwork, how to set & reach goals, work ethic, self-esteem, confidence & cooperation; while also developing fundamental & strategic skills of volleyball.
AiR CiTY CHiCKS offers some of the best coaches in the area and we assure you that AiR CiTY CHiCKS won't sacrifice quality coaching for anything!
**TRYOUT REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!**
ONLINE REGISTRATION for AiR CiTY CHiCKS volleyball club TROUTS is NOW OPEN! Please visit our TRYOUT PAGE for instructions & information - there is a link on that page to our online registration form! TRYOUT DATES & TIMES are listed in the PiNK column at the left of this page!
**OPEN GYM TIME at SOUTH METRO**
South Metro Sports (10561 Success Lane; Centerville, OH 45458) has announced the following VOLLEYBALL OPEN GYM dates and times:
Thursday, 10/16 - 5:30-7:30 pm
Saturday, 10/18 - 1-3 pm
Sunday, 10/19 - 5:30-7:30 pm
Tuesday, 10/21 - 5:30-7:30 pm
Thursday, 10/23 - 5:30-7:30 pm
Saturday, 10/25 - 1-3 pm
Monday, 10/27 - 5:30-7:30 pm
Saturday, 11/1 - 1-3 pm
Sunday, 11/2 - 6-7 pm
Monday, 11/3 - 6-8 pm
Saturday, 11/8 - 10 am-12 pm
*These open gyms ARE NOT conducted by AiR CiTY CHiCKS, but are provided by South Metro Sports.
*There is a "drop-in" fee of $5 per open gym session, payable upon arrival.
*High school players may only participate if their high school season has concluded.
*An adult must remain onsite with players during the open gym (South Metro Sports will not be providing supervision).
*AiR CiTY CHiCKS will NOT have staff members onsite during open gyms for either evaluation or instructional purposes.
*Players must bring their own volleyballs for use during the open gym times listed above.
*If you have any questions about the open gyms, please contact South Metro Sports directly at 937.885.7590.
**NEW for the 2014-15 CHiCKS' CLUB SEASON**
AiR CiTY CHiCKS is pleased to announce the following HiGHLiGHTS and additions for our 2014-15 club season:
- NO INCREASE in club fees from last year
- We will have a #1 team and #2 team in our 12-and-under age groups - teams will no longer be divided equally. Each team will include 10 full-time players.
- Our 13-PiNK (#1 13's team) will register as an American Division team (as long as talent supports this). In the past, all of our 13's teams have been Regional division teams.
- All CHiCKS' team members will have access to weekly Strength & Fitness sessions onsite at South Metro Sports (INCLUDED in your club fees)
- All CHiCKS' players & parents will be invited to attend two college recruiting seminars (INCLUDED in your club fees
- All CHiCKS' teams & coaches will be able to utilize South Metro Sports' Media Room which includes GoPro video, video review & assessment (INCLUDED in your club fees)
- CHiCKS' parents will be invited to attend our VOLLEYBALL 101 Knowledge Session to learn more about the great sport of volleyball (INCLUDED in your club fees)
**College Bound CHiCKS**
Good luck to the following, recent AiR CiTY CHiCKS' "graduates", who are playing at the collegiate level this fall:
**Maggie Schutter, Centerville rightside hitter/setter - University of Dayton.
**Madison Johnson, Beavercreek rightside hitter - Alderson-Broaddus University.
**Natalie Seiler, Alter middle hitter - IPFW.